Capt. Ananda Thapa has a strong army background and has flown for the Nepal Army for 8 years. He joined Nepal Army at the age of 18 and had served as a Major.
Capt. Ananda grew up in a picturesque Dhading district and becoming a pilot was a rare dream which he was able to turn into reality by sheer hard work, focus, and dedication. He was able to get a place for himself to be trained as a cadet officer in Nepalese army, through fierce competition and in few years made his way up getting selected among 32 other competitors to be one of the first trained helicopter pilots of Nepal.
He joined Simrik Air in June 2012 and got his rating on AS 350 B3e helicopter in Fort Worth, USA. Capt. Ananda has over 3000 helicopter hours logged.
His experience includes:
- 3000+ hours (AS 350 B Series, MI-17, ALH, ALOUETTE, CHEETAH, LANCER, SCHWEIZER).
- Scenic operations throughout the Himalayas of Nepal.
- Medevac and Rescue Flights
- Aerial photography and filming.
- Sling and long line rescue operations.